IntelliBond in Finishing Pigs
IntelliBond hydroxy trace minerals represent the latest in trace mineral technology and are an advanced source of nutrients for finishing pig feeds: providing excellent bioavailability and productivity while driving optimized animal performance.
Why Copper, Zinc & Manganese?
Copper, zinc and manganese are essential trace minerals for swine production. Copper functions as a component in many critical enzyme systems, and hydroxy sources of copper can optimize growth performance and feed efficiency when fed at higher nutritional concentrations.
Zinc helps to optimize immune function, skin and bone integrity, reproduction and swine growth and efficiency. Zinc accomplishes these objectives by meeting the physiological needs of the pig following its absorption in the intestinal tract.
Manganese supports - among other things - structural development and integrity and nervous system function.
What Makes IntelliBond the Smart Choice?
IntelliBond has unique properties and, due to its crystalline structure and low water solubility, has been proven to maintain feed stability, bioavailability and pig performance - even at lower inclusion levels - compared with other trace mineral sources.
Benefits in Finishing Pigs
IntelliBond's unique crystalline structure limits interactions with antagonists in the upper gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, minerals are protected and more are available for use by the animal.
• Compared to sulfates, IntelliBond is designed to have ideal reactivity to avoid destructive interactions and promote availability, driving optimized pig performance and productivity
Benefits for Finishing Pig Performance
• Under a challenge (sickness), IntelliBond can support the immune system so animals don’t have to work as hard to fend off the threat. Therefore, less energy is used to fight the challenge, and more energy is available for growth
• When fed at high levels (>150 ppm copper), IntelliBond C significantly increases growth rate of pigs. In trials, average hot carcass weight increased by +2 kg when IntelliBond C was fed at higher levels. Some trials also demonstrated significant differences in carcass feed conversion
• When nutritional levels of IntelliBond Z are added to the diets of pigs fed high levels of IntelliBond C, on average, an additional 1.5 kg of hot carcass weight has been observed when IntelliBond Z is included in the diet
Benefits in Feed
Avoids Negative Interactions with Other Nutrients in Feed
• IntelliBond minimizes degradation (oxidation) of other essential nutrients, such as vitamins, probiotics, etc.
• IntelliBond avoids binding with other critical feed constituents such as phytate, amino acids, etc.
Feed Mill Handling and Mixability
• Exclusive OptiSize® particle technology creates uniform particles to make IntelliBond easy to handle and blend while reducing dust
• IntelliBond is non-hygroscopic - no clumping