IntelliBond in Dairy Cattle
IntelliBond hydroxy trace minerals represent the latest in trace mineral technology and are an advanced source of nutrients for dairy cattle feeds: increasing bioavailability, improving feed stability, reducing negative rumen reactivity and limiting risk of adverse reactions with antagonists.
Why Copper, Zinc & Manganese?
Copper, zinc and manganese are essential trace minerals for ruminant production. Copper supports joint health, blood cells, immunity, fertility and proper iron metabolism in ruminants.
Zinc contributes to making protein, vitamin A utilization, fertility and skin health.
Manganese contributes to healthy bone and cartilage, enzymes, immunity and fertility.
What Makes IntelliBond the Smart Choice?
IntelliBond has unique properties and, due to its crystalline structure and low water solubility, has been proven to maintain feed stability, bioavailability and cow performance compared with other trace mineral sources. IntelliBond provides a reliable and predictable supply of trace minerals for cattle.
Benefits in Dairy Cows
IntelliBond's strong chemical bonds and unique crystalline structure limits interactions with antagonists in the upper gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, minerals are protected and more are available for absorption by the animal in the small intestine.
• Compared to sulfates, IntelliBond is designed to have ideal reactivity to avoid destructive interactions and promote availability, driving optimized performance and productivity
Benefits for Dairy Cow Performance
• Low rumen reactivity means IntelliBond minerals minimize the amount of free trace minerals in the rumen, as free trace minerals can be toxic to rumen microbes including fiber digesting bacteria
• IntelliBond's low rumen reactivity and slow release of trace minerals in the lower gastrointestinal tract minimizes the risk of binding to antagonists
• IntelliBond trace minerals reduce levels of stress biomarkers in fresh cows compared to sulfate sources of trace minerals
Benefits in Feed
Avoids Negative Interactions with Other Nutrients in Feed
• IntelliBond minerals are protected from antagonists in the rumen as a result of their low water solubility
• IntelliBond is more resistant to leaching than inorganic or organic sources of trace minerals
Feed Mill Handling and Mixability
• Exclusive OptiSize® particle technology creates uniform particles to make IntelliBond easy to handle and blend while reducing dust
• IntelliBond is non-hygroscopic - no clumping